#1 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I was just doing a bit of research on adsense alternatives and, for people like myself who live outside the USA, there is very little to choose from in terms of advertising programs. I can't apply for YPN and MSN because they are US based.

Some competitors will accept Non-USA publishers but they demand that you have a USA Tax ID! This is ridiculous in my opinion.

I would have liked to report back and tell you some useful information.... but after wasting about 2 hours searching I must say I found no good alternatives to adsense. Its sort of hard to believe! Imagine how much better Adsense would be if there was actually some competition! We would be earning much greater margins and would be in a much more powerful position. We wouldn't have to live in fear of having our accounts with Google cancelled!

If anyone does know of a program out there that I have missed please let me know! I went through about 15 of the popular ones and they all had a major draw back of some sort.

I am bitterly disappointed with CJ.com. As much as I like Adsense, I really don't want to have all my eggs in one basket anymore. Its just not sensible business practice.

Cheers, Glen :)

#2 despot

despot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:38 AM

Hmm... adbrite?

#3 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

Hmm... adbrite?

needs a US Tax ID unfortunately :(

even if I could get a US Tax ID I don't think I would. I don't want the IRS spying on me :)

i am open to suggestions for other programs...

#4 despot

despot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

Well, it says Tax ID or social security number.

You don't have to be from USA to have a social security number, or huh?

#5 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:19 AM

Well, it says Tax ID or social security number.

You don't have to be from USA to have a social security number, or huh?

Hi despot,

I am not sure if I have to be a US person but I am still reluctant to sign away all my personal information to the IRS :) Maybe I will be forced to given the lack of choice in advertising programs outside the US.

#6 despot

despot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:17 PM

Well, I have seen people not from US having registered. I don't think they have USA Tax IDs. ;)

About IRS, it's not that it would actualy matter, would it?
I don't think they would spy on someone just because he has signed up in adbrite. ;)

#7 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:43 AM

i actually wrote to adbrite and they said you DO NOT need a US TAX ID if you are from overseas. So I am in the process of setting up an account. I am guessing I cannot use Adbrite with Adsense on the same page, though I really don't know enough about it yet. I will have to check this. I am presuming Adbrite is contextual.

I also tried to sign up with Tribal Fusion and Chitika. No doubt they will tell me if I need a US TAX ID.

Have you you used adbrite much? Any good?

Cheers, Glen

#8 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:18 AM

i did a bit of research and i got a lot of conflicting views as to whether adbrite and adsense can be displayed on the same page. :(

#9 despot

despot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:32 AM

In fact, I haven't even used it at all. I've just heard a few positive reviews about it.

From my current site's adsense earnings I guess I would even barely average a cup of coffee a day so currently there is no need to expand to adbrite or so. ;)
Well, but now I'm planning to make a more serious site pretty soon so I may try adbrite sometime too if it takes off. Gotta turn knowledge into profits. ;)
Anyway, that was a little bit offtopic...

#10 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:49 AM

i sent an email to google to find out if it was OK to put AdBrite and Adsense on the same page. :)

#11 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

i got an email back from Google saying it was OK to have AdBrite and Adsense on the same page :) I will put some at the bottom of this site and see how they go.

also, i just got accepted into Chitika so I will give that a whirl.

#12 mjfromthezone

mjfromthezone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:31 PM

i got an email back from Google saying it was OK to have AdBrite and Adsense on the same page :) I will put some at the bottom of this site and see how they go.

also, i just got accepted into Chitika so I will give that a whirl.

Hi How you getting on with Chitika, i live in the UK and can't use adsense as i was thrown out due to so called click fraud.

Let me know if you find a good alternative.

#13 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:17 AM

hi mj,

i am still using chitika. the good thing about it is that it is not contextual, so you feed people the ads you think they will be interested in.

the bad side is that the click through rate is very low. also i only get a few cents for each click so its nothing to rave about.

i have put them in low value positions (e.g. bottom of the page below the fold etc) because i don't think they deserve a good ad spot.

chikita are experimenting with some new ad formats that may work better in the future. but these new ads are still in beta testing. i tried to be a beta tester myself but didn't get accepted :(

cheers, glen

#14 tyros8000

tyros8000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:51 AM

i used clicksor before adsense and they aren't bad. they pay more than adsense but the ads are as related to your content so not likely to get as many clicks.

they are a lot less strict so you can get away with a lot.

#15 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

i just signed up for clicksor to give them a go. not sure if they accept forum sites or not but I submitted this site plus a couple of other forums I run.

cheers, glen

#16 Jerlene

Jerlene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

A lot of people would prefer YPN after AdSense but I prefer Bidvertiser. Their rates are much better. The only thing with them is they don't have too much variety with their ad colours.

#17 Sohel Rana

Sohel Rana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

I am giving important information about getting prizes below.:
At first u can goto this website:
http://projectprize....refId=focks-7it
Then u can earn points from this website. And then u can earn $25 Amazon gift card. It means online earning or prizes.

#18 Sohel Rana

Sohel Rana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

At first i want to say that what is bit coins ? It is an important things by how one can earn money easily. It is new form of internet currency .After knowing about bit coins can go to this website :
http://bitcoinmethod.com
where u can know about bit coins and how can earn dollar by working with in hours. There u can get a course by this course u can know about making bit coins.U can also making bit coins by mining or selling a product. by this u can making online money. U can also making some passive income which can be effective for u.Passive income means such as:online business, marketing etc. So go to:
http://bitcoinmethod.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users