#1 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:07 AM

Hi everyone,

INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE INLINE AD EXAMPLE
I was just reading an article by Duncan Riley at the Blog Herald discussing the benefits of inline ads.

Inline Ads are those placed directly within the content section of the page (often as a rectangle block).

According to Duncan Riley, if you want to increase your Adsense click thrus and therefore revenue, and are not shy about ad placement, inline is the way to go.

He gives examples of http://lockergnome.net/ and http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/ as sites that use this ad placement strategy.

When it comes to coding the ad placement, Duncan suggests using float div tags. See the example he provides below -

<div style="float: right; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 10px 5px; border-style: solid; border-color: White; background-color: white">
ADSENSE CODE HERE
</div>

This HTML code will place the adsense ad in the right corner of the article or blog in which you are pasting it.

If you look in the top corner of this post you can see an example of this code. However I have modified it slightly by adding two extra parameters - width:200px and word-wrap: normal

You will notice, particularly with the Photolog website mentioned above, that the colors used make the advertisement blend into the article so that it actually looks like it is part of the article or content. I personally don't like the photolog site because the ratio of ads to content is too high. However, it does appear to be a site that is making good money.

Cheers, Glen

#2 Jerlene

Jerlene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

I recommend using this as well. I run this on my sites and it more than tripled my profits. As long as you blend it in well, it should work perfectly.

#3 Auctionman

Auctionman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

I am actually seeing some good results from having ads in my users profile links, I'm using phpbb and when a username is clicked you get the standard stuff plus under the interests etc you also get a small 486 ad block. My forum can be found through my template link in my signature if you wish to take a look.

#4 glen

glen

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:22 AM

that is a very nice blend there!

and there are so few links on that page there really is very little else to do other than click on on ad! well done :)

cheers, glen

#5 nadiamoqaddas

nadiamoqaddas

Adsense Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Hello,
    I am founder of Techdesighn.com and love surfing internet usually to find out “what’s new”. I Like to discover, and share newer software and applications. And for sharing the knowledge I decided to start blogging in 2009.

For any help on WordPress, Adsense, blogging you can feel free to contact me with mail
    admin@techdesighn.com

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'll also try this inline adsense placement

#6 mosharop

mosharop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Nice tricks.But,is it approved rules by adsense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users